Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism - Madrid
Presentation and objetives
Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization and Protocol (MICE) equips students to become business project professionals and directors in the events and protocol sector. It enables students to specialize in all types of management of events, congresses, trade fairs, conventions, etc. On completion of the Master, students will have a strong command of the concepts of protocol, communication strategies and public relations. The students will contribute towards tourism development focusing on the business tourism sector.
Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization and Protocol (MICE) is taught in Madrid, a global hub of business tourism. In 2017, Madrid was the venue for a total of 20,320 conferences, making it a highly attractive destination for tourism professionals who are thinking of broadening their knowledge and skills in the field of events organization and management.
This Master is taught in English.
Reasons for taking Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE)
- Management Experience: The student will develop the basic skills to manage projects effectively, the "Soft Skills".
- Organization of real events.
- Stress management techniques.
- Monthly conferences with Directors.
- Program for the development of management skills: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP)
The student will have the possibility of holding an International Tourism Residential in Saxion (Holland). (additional cost).
Campus to Campus: Possibility of carrying out part of the program in the other campus of Ostelea. Interchange Barcelona- Madrid (accommodation and displacement not included).
Employability and Entrepreneurship
Training oriented to employability: Itineraries of professional careers, week of employability, employment forum, graduate program, among others (subject to call).
The student who wants to start his own business will have access to the Entrepreneurs Project to receive advice.
Assistance to Fairs
Extensive program of visits to fairs, events and organizations.
Other outstanding values
Ostelea is a member affiliated with the World Tourism Organization (WTO), a benchmark in world tourism governance.
Ostelea is a member of the Spanish Association of Tourism Professionals (AEPT).
Languages: English or French to choose.
The Master in Organization of Events will allow you
Get to know the MICE industry (meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions)
Build a strong base of knowledge of the industry from an international perspective and always from the managerial approach within the hotel management.
To train executives oriented to the business management of the tourist companies capable of obtaining the expected results globally.
Development of strategic plans
To present the keys to the elaboration of strategic plans and their application to immediate action in MICE environments (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions).
Innovation and sustainable management
Develop the capacity for creativity and innovation in the industry and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialized training, qualifying participants for the assumption of positions of responsibility within the hotel management.
Training of Directors
Develop the necessary management skills of a global manager of MICE companies to ensure that collaborative, assertive and participatory work is developed among all team members.
The Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism of Ostelea is classified into 5 modules:
- Structure and international finance of the tourism sector.
- Talent management and innovation in global contacts.
- Business management of events organization and business tourism in global environments.
- International marketing, protocol and organization of events and business tourism.
- Master's Thesis.
Structure and international finances for the tourism sector
- Structure of the global tourism market 6 Credits- Compulsory
- International finances for the tourism sector 6 Credits - Compulsory
Talent managment and innovation in global contexts
- Intellectual capital and talent management in global contexts in events organization and business tourism 6 Credits - Compulsory
- Innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset in events organization and business tourism 6 Credits - Compulsory
Management of events and business tourism companies in global contexts
- Strategic management of events and business tourism companies 6 Credits - Compulsory
- Events organization and business tourism companies: operations, logistics and quality 6 Credits - Compulsory
International marketing, events protocol business tourism in global contexts
- International marketing and experience management for events and business tourism companies 6 Credits - Compulsory
- Official and business protocol 6 Credits- Compulsory
Professional Training and Master's Thesis
- Tutorising Professional Training 6 Credits - Compulsory
- Master's Thesisn6 Credits - Compulsory
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates, in this way all the participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission.
The participant who successfully completes the program on the Barcelona campus will obtain TRIPLE TITLE:
- Master's Degree in International Tourism Management, with Specialization in International Tourism of Events and Business Tourism, by the University of Lleida (OFFICIAL)
- Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism, by Ostelea School of Tourism & Hospitality (PROPERLY)
- Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism, by EAE Business School (PROPERLY)
In order to obtain the degrees that EAE and the University grant, it is necessary to comply with the requirements requested by said institutions.
To ensure excellent tuition at Ostelea, the role played by our team of teachers is fundamental. As such, Ostelea boasts an excellent team of highly-respected lecturers in each field of learning.
The Program Directors and Academic Faculty are highly qualified and renowned professionals specializing in the tourism sector.
Ostelea also welcomes Top Guest Speakers to its classrooms throughout the academic year.