BA (Hons) Business (Tourism)
: BA (Hons)
Arden University’s BA (Hons) in Business (Tourism) is for those seeking to develop professional skills and an insider knowledge of the tourism industry. The course offers you the foundation you need to manage or start a business in the field, with a curriculum that enforces a range of transferable, relevant business skills. You will develop business skills and understanding specific to tourism management that will enable you to respond to specific industry requirements in national and international contexts.
The course will approach several aspects of the tourism industry and how to manage them in a business setting, such as national and international travel, understanding the tourism environment, contemporary issues in tourism management and sustainable tourism management.
It will also tackle fundamental business elements, such as finance, marketing, business processes and business analysis. Students can expect to acquire valuable skills such as personnel management, entrepreneurship and the ability to analyse and interpret written, visual and graphical data to improve business performance.
Who is the programme for
This is the perfect course for those who want to introduce their passion for tourism and travel into their careers. The programme will enable you to build a promising professional future in your field of choice.
Employment stats and USP’s
- Arden University has received 4.5* for student satisfaction
- Arden has supported 50,000 higher education learners over 26 years
- 96% graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduation
- 79% students saw their career improve as a direct result of their studies
• AMBA Accreditation since 2011 with some triple-accredited partners which only 1% of the world’s elite business schools receive
• Programmes with top global rankings – the MIB is ranked 20th in the world by the Economist in 2017
• International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented
• Scholarships, flexible payment plans and early-bird discounts available
• Perfect city centre locations in Berlin
• Free German classes and 100% in English
1. Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
2. 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
3. Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA***.
4. Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe
5. Berlin is the second largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities to young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Upon completion of the course, graduates have a wide variety of careers available to them. Positions that students can expect to take up include travel consultant, hotel manager, tour manager, travel agency manager, event organiser, travel administrator, business development executive, among many others. Graduates can also choose to embark on postgraduate study.
Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
For non-standard entry requirements, please contact us
An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component
: 3 years
Awarding body / Certified by
: Arden University
We know that many people are constrained by expectation, geography, financial circumstance, other commitments or even just by time. We know there is a desire to break free, enjoy learning and become the best you can be.
Arden works hard to remove barriers to Higher Education, inspiring new ways to learn and enriching people and their lives.
We listen to our students and believe that we offer the most flexible, supportive and high-quality learning experience possible – all wrapped up into affordable options so that students can focus on their studies.