Understanding financial modeling, mergers and acquisitions and financial business strategy from an analytical perspective can be an invaluable asset toward achieving new career goals.
At Webster University, the finance degree programs focus on a quantitative and comprehensive examination of the financial field. Students in the graduate program gain knowledge that can help them measure financial risk and formulate strategies to reduce it, determine the value of financial assets and analyze the financial decisions of a corporation, which can ultimately lead toward career advancement.
With coursework in closely related fields of accounting and economics, financial professionals value the undergraduate and graduate programs in Finance as a way to develop skills in corporate finance, investments and financial institutions.
Points of Distinction
The master of science (MS)* in finance is designed to provide a quantitative and comprehensive examination of the finance field. Students will advance through corporate finance, investments, and market instruments and institutions. Additionally, students will experience significant exposure to supporting coursework in the closely related fields of accounting and economics. A capstone experience will tie together the major finance topics, with a significant focus on mergers and acquisitions, and will expose students to literature, and the analysis thereof, pertinent to the field.
- Students can determine the value of financial assets.
- Students can analyze the financial decisions of a corporation.
- Students can evaluate credit and interest rate risk.
- Signed Application Form
- Proof of English Proficiency:
- TOEFL: PBT 550 | iBT 80
- IELTS: 6.5
- Pearson: 53
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- Essay: 300-500 word essay on a topic of your choice OR Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Copy of Passport ID Page
- Official University/College Transcripts (for Transfer Students)
- Some programs have additional entry requirements.
: 18 months - 2 years (36 Credit Hours)
: St. Louis Webster Groves, Orlando.
: August-18, October-18, January-19, March, May.
Distinctive campuses and network:
- The beautiful and vibrant home campus located in Webster Groves offers undergraduate and graduate programs
- Students are able to create a unique experience based on each Webster University campus location while being assured of consistent academic quality at each location in each program
- A global reach with locations around the world and online—offers quality, convenience and access to learning
- Webster Groves/St. Louis is one node in the worldwide network. Ideas, academic content and contact with students and faculty are constant and free flowing throughout the Webster network