An extraordinary animator is one who utilizes their limitless imagination to integrate art and story, making the impossible, real.
At Webster University, undergraduate students pursuing an Animation degree will work with 2D, 3D and Effects on industry standard tools.
Animation graduates from the School of Communications become successful professionals and have worked on Frozen, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Zootopia and Godzilla.
The BA in animation offers students the opportunity to learn core principles and techniques focusing on storytelling, motion, drawing, performance and expression through traditional and digital forms.
Each student will undertake an intensive course of study including character animation, experimental concepts, fine art techniques and diverse applications, building a strong, global foundation before embarking upon an eventual area of concentration.
Successful graduates of the Animation program will be able to:
• Create animation with fundamental and technical proficiency
• Express visual concepts artistically
• Integrate storytelling and performance
• Synthesize theory and practice creating animation from a global perspective
•Signed Application Form
•Proof of English Proficiency:
– TOEFL: PBT 550 | iBT 80
– IELTS: 6.0
– Pearson: 53
•High School Transcript
•Essay: 300-500 word essay on a topic of your choice OR Curriculum Vitae (CV)
•One Letter of Recommendation
•Certificate of Finance showing *
•Copy of Passport ID Page
•Official University/College Transcripts (for Transfer Students)
•Some programs have additional entry requirements. Please contact your advisor for more information.
4 years (128 Credit Hours)
: St. Louis Webster Groves
: August -17, January-18
Distinctive campuses and network:
- The beautiful and vibrant home campus located in Webster Groves offers undergraduate and graduate programs
- Students are able to create a unique experience based on each Webster University campus location while being assured of consistent academic quality at each location in each program
- A global reach with locations around the world and online—offers quality, convenience and access to learning
- Webster Groves/St. Louis is one node in the worldwide network. Ideas, academic content and contact with students and faculty are constant and free flowing throughout the Webster network