BA (Hons) Psychology & Sociology
: Criminology / Psychology
: BA (Hons)
Get up close and personal with two social science courses packed into one action-filled course.
Psychology and sociology have a lot of similarities but also many differences. They both study human behaviour but incorporate very different methods and ideas. Under psychology, you will take a look at individuals themselves, but under sociology, you will determine how wider societal factors can impact people.
You will be introduced to social, developmental, cognitive and biological elements. You will also discover key case studies within this field that have shaped past as well as contemporary thinking.
As psychological findings and studies tend to focus on western populations, this course is a little different as you will be asked to consider non-western populations and how people differ but can also be similar across the world in terms of behaviour and traits.
Under sociology, you will learn about the theories of thinkers including Karl Marx, Max Weber and others.
Finally, at the end of the course, you will be given the chance to work on your own research project, in an area of your choosing. This will be a task on which you work independently with the guidance of a tutor who is familiar with the field you select.
In each assignment you do, you will be asked to consider research methods as well as the ethics behind the work you will be undertaking.
Who is this programme for
If the human mind and behaviour fascinate you then you'll want to take this course and explore deeper your area of interest. Under psychology, you will take a look at individuals themselves, but under sociology, you will determine how wider societal factors can impact people. This course also suits those who require the flexibility this degree offers.
Employment stats and USP’s:
- Arden University has received 4.5* for student satisfaction
- Arden has supported 50,000 higher education learners over 26 years
- 96% graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduation
- 79% students saw their career improve as a direct result of their studies
• AMBA Accreditation since 2011 with some triple-accredited partners which only 1% of the world’s elite business schools receive
• Programmes with top global rankings – the MIB is ranked 20th in the world by the Economist in 2017
• International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented
• Scholarships, flexible payment plans and early-bird discounts available
• Perfect city centre locations in Berlin
• Free German classes and 100% in English
1. Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
2. 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
3. Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA***.
4. Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe
5. Berlin is the second largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities to young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Having completed this degree, graduates will have a wide variety of career options they can explore. These include, but are not limited to:
- International aid/development work
- Community, youth or social work
Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
For non-standard entry requirements, please contact us
An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component
: 3 years
Awarding body / Certified by: Arden University
We know that many people are constrained by expectation, geography, financial circumstance, other commitments or even just by time. We know there is a desire to break free, enjoy learning and become the best you can be.
Arden works hard to remove barriers to Higher Education, inspiring new ways to learn and enriching people and their lives.
We listen to our students and believe that we offer the most flexible, supportive and high-quality learning experience possible – all wrapped up into affordable options so that students can focus on their studies.